A selection of wares from the Golden Wheel - Baldurs Gate

A Place to Buy, Sell, and Trade Items and Services

Moderators: Moderator, DM

MistyMountain
Recognized Donor

Re: A selection of wares from the Golden Wheel - Baldurs Gate

Unread post by MistyMountain » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:23 am

An Elf with big hair and a resonant voice comes by the Golden Wheel establishment and peruses the wares.

"How about 80 bags for this helmet?" He asks off-handedly with a smile. "Ah" He closes his eyes and the smile widens as he remembers "Name's Cuna"

//+3 wis, +3 str
//edit: raised offer to 80 bags
Alepou Chrysos
Mack Usagi
Mithiel
"once Aco Rogbath is down in health he will cast Big Sister. At that point, if any player moves before the effect decays it will chain geometrically, as both Curse Family and Acrid Hands already active,causing multiple base kilo damage" -Progressquest

Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 pm

A slender male wearing silken finery and a blue-hooded cloak can be seen hovering over a certain ring for long moments...

((Ring - Disable Device +4, Search +4, Set Trap +4, UMD +4))

... whenever one of the merchants would find his gaze, a gloved hand would motion towards the item, "There's no price on this... I can only assume you're looking for items in trade."

Before a reply is even offered, the male, seemingly an elf, unfurls a bundle he had crooked under his arm, a pair of boots within, as well as a kama protruding from one of the boots...

((Life Stealing Kama + 3, 1d4 piercing, +3 EB, 1 vamp regen / Boots +3 Dodge AC, usable by Chaotic))

"The weapon is the only thing of worth I've found in a tenday... the boots are just a bonus. I also have gems to offer... unless you're looking for something more specific."

The blue-cloaked elf would wait patiently then, the slow drumming of his gloved fingers on a pant leg as he did so...

Kiran

Unread post by Kiran » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Darker_Thought wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 am
*A woman dressed in brownish robes and strange blackened symbols adorning her face approaches*

- What is your asking price for those boots? *Quirks an eyebrow*

OOC:
Boots - Dodge +4, Cleric spell slot 3, Wisdom +1
"My client is looking for items of similar quality to trade if, if you have anything you wish to trade, or a decent amount of coin offered, I might consider it."
Snarfy wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 pm
A slender male wearing silken finery and a blue-hooded cloak can be seen hovering over a certain ring for long moments...

((Ring - Disable Device +4, Search +4, Set Trap +4, UMD +4))

... whenever one of the merchants would find his gaze, a gloved hand would motion towards the item, "There's no price on this... I can only assume you're looking for items in trade."

Before a reply is even offered, the male, seemingly an elf, unfurls a bundle he had crooked under his arm, a pair of boots within, as well as a kama protruding from one of the boots...

((Life Stealing Kama + 3, 1d4 piercing, +3 EB, 1 vamp regen / Boots +3 Dodge AC, usable by Chaotic))

"The weapon is the only thing of worth I've found in a tenday... the boots are just a bonus. I also have gems to offer... unless you're looking for something more specific."

The blue-cloaked elf would wait patiently then, the slow drumming of his gloved fingers on a pant leg as he did so...
"I fear my client would want something much better for it."
TheKai wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:36 am
Noticing the crowd around this merchant’s stall, an Elf walks up and joins in the viewing of the many intricate items. A good long while passes before he points to a shield. “What is the asking price for this piece?

//Asking about:
Heavy shield: +3 ac, +3 bluff, diplomacy. +2 Concentration, heal, spot. +4 taunt. Use haste (10) 1 use/day Use: Snake swiftness mass 1 use/day
"Hm, something like 80k would be around the right amount, what say you?"

*The merchant would also let people know there were new items for sale and to see the current selection available.*
Player of:

Damian Pascal, Healer for hire - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Thayan Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, Scout and mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel

Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Kiran wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:54 pm
"I fear my client would want something much better for it."
"I suspected this might be the case. I may have something far more valuable, but I fear it's value may exceed that of this ring..."

The hooded elf paused a moment, then glanced around, scanning the room before leaning in to speak under his breath...

(( pm incoming ))

MistyMountain
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MistyMountain » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Cuna waits to be addressed and tries to catch the seller's eye.

"And what of my offer? I must admit I am not sure what this item is worth, do you have a counter offer?" He pauses in thought a moment and then says "I can raise the bid to 100 bags?"
Alepou Chrysos
Mack Usagi
Mithiel
"once Aco Rogbath is down in health he will cast Big Sister. At that point, if any player moves before the effect decays it will chain geometrically, as both Curse Family and Acrid Hands already active,causing multiple base kilo damage" -Progressquest

MistyMountain
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MistyMountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:05 pm

After waiting a good while Cuna turns to leave. "I withdraw my bid. Perhaps I will get one of those belts of growth instead, being cheaper."
Alepou Chrysos
Mack Usagi
Mithiel

RedLancer

Unread post by RedLancer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 am

A blond man in black mail crosses the stall, reviews the goods, and notes one bauble in particular.

"This ring," he says, two fingers joined to make the gesture. "Four hundred bags."
Ring - Paladin slot 2 & 3 & 4, Negative 5/-, Lore Nobility +4

Kiran

Unread post by Kiran » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:09 pm

RedLancer wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 am
A blond man in black mail crosses the stall, reviews the goods, and notes one bauble in particular.

"This ring," he says, two fingers joined to make the gesture. "Four hundred bags."
Ring - Paladin slot 2 & 3 & 4, Negative 5/-, Lore Nobility +4
The Merchant would consider the offer and simply shake his head

"I am sorry, my employer is looking for something to trade or of similar value for this particular item."
Player of:

Damian Pascal, Healer for hire - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Thayan Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, Scout and mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:19 am

A fine-boned half-elf wearing fine chain and hefting a shield on her right arm comes to the stall.

"I'm interested in these boots" She indicates the boots ((+4, cleric 3)) and produces a few items from a bag of holding. "Do you think one or more of these fine items would fetch them?"

//PM incoming with details
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Suzume

"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia

Rhaego712

Unread post by Rhaego712 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:57 pm

*Rhaego walks by* I will buy that Canary diamond for 50 bags. My name is Rhaego Denherder wm of chauntea.
Rhaego Denherder - Weaponmaster of Chauntea
Fouche Walker - Wizard
Napa Gemseek - Vendor