A quick video guide I did for creating your own custom items. I hope this makes it a bit easier for people. ~Echo
Out of respect for the artist I should mention this song is Echo, by Crusher-P
Thankfully, Bloodlust did a lot of the forum work for me so I will just copy his post here. I decided to take over his job of customizing item appearances. Follow Bloodlust's guide but, I wont limit the number of items you can have customized, unless it gets out of hand. Also, I will have a priority system in place. It will be first come first serve for those who send me 1 item, those sending me 2 will come after, and so on. The more you send me at once, the longer you can expect it to take to receive your items. If you do not have toolset experience and you see an appearance you like and you want a bit of your own modification, such as color or such, send me a screenshot of the properties of the item you possess and a screenshot of the appearance and I will get to building it in the toolset.. but you will be low priority due to the time it takes. Also, I give everyone IP rights for their own creations. If you want to copy a player's appearance, you must have their consent. That is all.
To be allowed to bring in a custom appearance item, you MUST follow these steps exactly. It's a guide for creating items that area easy for me to sort out:
If you fail to follow the steps below, I won't bring your item into the game
Open the toolset. Where it says items, right click and pick Create Blueprint -> Module
Step 2: Creating a Weapon or a Shield
In the beginning, it looks like this:
- At the top of the screen under "Icon", you should pick an icon suitable to the item.
- Under classification, write "bgtscc". Yes, no capital letters.
- Under baseitem, pick the type of item that it is.
- Under localized name, pick a name for the item. You MUST name the item after the PC. Otherwise it's very annoying for me to figure out who the "sword of orcs" belong to.
- Under resource name and tag, write something appropriate like in the picture below. No capital letters. The two lines must look exactly the same.
- Under template resref, there should not say anything. Delete the text "item1" that was there before.
- Under droppable, check the box to true.
- Under Item properties, choose the properties that your item have. If the item has a special material, you pick that under material. Make sure the "Item property activation preference" is always set to "Active only when equipped".
- Finally, change the look of the item. You do this by changing the numbers of model part 1, 2 and 3. Each time you change it, press preview in the top left part of the window to view how it looks like.
Step 2.5: Creating an armor, boots, helmet or gloves
When the item is first made, it looks like this:
- Under icon, pick a suitable icon
- Under classification, type "bgtscc", no capital letters
- Under baseitem, select "Armor"
- Go down to "Armor type (for game rules) and select the type of armor that it is. Default is cloth. As you can see in the picture below, I created a fullplate.
- Pick a localized name. The name MUST include the name of your PC.
- Do the rest, fill in resource name, tag, let template resref be blank, set the item to droppable, pick item properties and make sure it's only active when equipped.
The window you're looking at now is this:
Here is an example armor:
However, I do NOT want you to add any helmets, cloaks, gloves or boots to the armor. Why? When you equip an item, it will overwrite the appearance anyway. Second, it just uses up unneccessary space. Third, in the case of helmets it would allow you to be masked without even wearing a helmet, which is a bit exploitative when it comes to RP. The only exception is adding belts. Here is a picture of the armor with a belt added:
Step 3: Exporting the items
Topleft corner of your screen, hit "file" then "Export".
If you want more options than what's available with the basic toolset, download these files. You can also just make the items in Jegs training module
Extract and put in your module folder
Extract and put in your hak folder
It works like this: You create an item that's an exact copy of an item you have on the server, but with a changed appearance. You then upload it and send it to me in a PM.
So please, don't make items with +4 AC when you have no such items. The only differences you are allowed to make is to remove light sources, but not add them. That's it. Otherwise the item must be exactly the same.
If you fail to follow the steps above, I won't bring your item into the game
I'll stop accepting items to my inbox on June 18th, 12 GMT.