Input Needed (Face Models n Necks)

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Input Needed (Face Models n Necks)

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Hey BG,

So brainstormed a bit today and thought I'd port some Tera Faces over to Nwn2 as a side project. Thing is, the Tera face models don't carry a neck therefor it falls on me to create one for each model which im not entirely fanning over.

I thought instead to create a neck brace that I can use universally for the necks on these particular models. Its about 10 or so male heads (which I can convert to half elf / tiefling / etc..)

Im providing screens of the simple pure black neckbrace I created. I got both negative and positive feedback on it so far. Some don't mind not having a neck and some do. Please provide your feedback if you are able. Should I continue with the neck brace? Does it matter much to have these few heads with it? Or should I scrap the project? Please no arguments with each other over opinions. Thanks!

DONT MIND THE WEIGHTING ISSUE THAT IS CAUSING THE SPIKE BETWEEN THE LEGS

I can post more samples along the way.

Faces

Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Re: Input Needed (Face Models n Necks)

Unread post by Planehopper »

Tough call. The faces are pretty awesome. If the brace was able to be shaded it would be fine, and could just appear as a portion of the clothing, etc.

However it would only be shaded during creation, if at all, right? So it would be the same color no matter what. That might stink.

I've seen some pretty squat looking no-neck mo fos in my day. Would it be so bad to shorten it up and make it generally skin colored? I dunno.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

athornforyourheart wrote:
Faces

No 4 from top left is Ben Affleck face. maybe put a Batman hood :shock:

Even without neck, some people would be creative enough to adjust their armor, or cloak or beard to look like it has genuine neck.

Neck or no neck, Ben Affleck is going in :lol:
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

These heads look very nice, shame about no neck!

I'd say, go with a neck brace but texture it/do something with it so it's not only pitch black and stands out a lot. I realize that the images you posted are just to give an idea of what you mean.
Hidden: show

The above is a head with something around the neck. You'll see it still has a neck-gap with some outfits because it wasn't extended low enough.
I certainly don't think these heads should be added without a neck brace, as it'll be very difficult to cover that gap. It'll be easier to partially cover a neck brace.

Thinking about it... Maybe Google for neck armor? There's some things that'd suit IMO. Though maybe it'd be easier to just make the necks at this point!
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Thank you all for the input. I have discussed it with others in the team. I will create a texture for the neck and render some images for discussion. :)

Return to “Media”