Notice - Seeking Axe

Need to Hire a Mercenary Who Doesn't Ask Questions? Want a Magic Halberd? Post to the Want Ads!

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Garn Greymoon

Notice - Seeking Axe

Unread post by Garn Greymoon »

A notice can be seen posted around Baldur's Gate and Friendly Arm Inn. It's script is in dwarvish, the penmanship is good, then below in messier handwriting it's translated in common and denotes a heavy hand or fat fingers.

It states the following:

Seeking an axe forged upon the anvils of the dwarves, a quality rarely seen in this age. If ye have this den leave message under . . . a riddle can be seen that after too much thinking ends up being overly simple (under a cobblestone set 15 paces west of this posting).

//OOC//

Looking for a dwarven axe with something along the following:

+ AB
+ EB
+ Elemental (bonus points)
+ Feats (bonus points)
+ Stats (bonus points)

Currently using a +2.

Vabo . . . . . Gnome Druid - The Mushroom Man
Dag . . . . . Gnome Bard - The Twang Fury
Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: Notice - Seeking Axe

Unread post by Steve »

Another parchment is posted nearby the Dethek symbol plus Common tongue notification of want.
Sir or Madam~
If ye be willing to make yourself known, I, Jon Smythe, mariner of goods and adventures, may own a weapon that fulfills your desire. It is rightfully named the Mithral Mirror, forged by Dwarven hands in the greatest of all metals.

Should this lore not be known by ye, it is that this dwarven war axe has a Third Tier enhancement to prowess, the ability to make a particular blunt damage when struck with force, and, with greatest importance, protects the wielder from the magics of epic proportions...at times, at least.

Though I know you not, yet, and if you seek me out, to be found easily enough at the Helm & Cloak Feasthall, I will then ask you what I ask of you now: what are you willing to trade for such a weapon?

Yours,
J.Smythe
Chionthar Charter & Seaward Supply Co.
//OOC:
Hidden: show

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Warath

Unread post by Warath »

A very large Half-Orc strolls up to the post, and scribbles legibly at the bottom of the post

"I have what you are looking for. A fine dwarven axe made of the strongest steel, able to cleave a giant in two within the right hands. Inquire to Vrok Koll, or leave a post here if you would like to check its quality."

OOC// +3 Dwarven Axe, +1 Charisma, Keen OR +2 Dwarven Axe, +1 piercing, +1d6 massive criticals
Garn Greymoon

Unread post by Garn Greymoon »

A follow up note is written and pinned to the originator of the neatly written parchment (steve) that states the following:

Gold an perhaps a story if da price be right.

Vabo . . . . . Gnome Druid - The Mushroom Man
Dag . . . . . Gnome Bard - The Twang Fury

Return to “Want Ads”