Wanted: Gems of Extra-planar origin - Caed Wynter-Rose

Need to Hire a Mercenary Who Doesn't Ask Questions? Want a Magic Halberd? Post to the Want Ads!

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Wanted: Gems of Extra-planar origin - Caed Wynter-Rose

Unread post by Steve »

As the Windspells made some rounds through the Eastern District of the Gate, a stop within the Wide saw Caed Wynter-Rose, Eldritch Knight, soliciting from various merchants, if any had a curiosity of particular nature among their wares: gems of extra-planer origin.

Particularly, diamonds. The more colorful, the better. Caed was quite adamant about the origin of such "stones," and needing some form of provenance.

Caed's desire was real...and held a sense of urgency.

He let any possible merchants, traders or treasure hunters know he was often found residing at the Blade & Stars.

///OOC: this is about RP, so…if you come into this post with some item of purely RP value, like as in you help me build out this story, it’s the only “provenance” I need! :-)

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Hullack
Recognized Donor

Re: Wanted: Gems of Extra-planar origin - Caed Wynter-Rose

Unread post by Hullack »

A message is left at the Blade & Stars:
Hello Sir, it seems you are out so I'm leaving this message. While I don't have the item you are looking for I may know of where such things can be found. The way is difficult and dangerous, but I may be willing to assist depending upon your intentions. If this is of any interest please seek me out at the estate of Lord Osric Vale.

- Jak Dimburrow, Retainer of House Vale.
Jak Dimburrow : House Vale (Character Biography/Journal)
Playtimes: 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) / UTC/GMT -5
Items Wanted and Offered in Exchange
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Caed collects the letter left for the Windspells with Hesper within the Blade & Stars, and after reading it, he turns to his compatriot Garlic Rana, and comments:

“It would appear that the Winds of Fate continue to blow good fortune our way, my friend. Not only is the “Old Man” from the Mystran Temple supposedly residing at this Estate of Vale, but a lead toward acquiring the materials is stationed their as well.

Perhaps….our Gods walk among us closer than we think….”

Caed rolls up the scroll in one hand, and attempts to pry his compatriot away from which ever beverage he is currently appraising, to make their way forth.

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Caed Wynter-Rose could be seen canvassing the many merchants within the Wide, to see if new possibilities for procurement exist. At the least, the Windspell Knight rejuvenates the thread of inquiry on extra-planer gems.

Urem Dal

Unread post by Urem Dal »

A dwarf of considerable weight, often seen around the Wide in Baldur's Gate, hears of the rumor that someone is looking for gems. As a trader of, perhaps, some local renown, his ears of course peak to such talk.

As such, a message is left at the Blade & Star inn. It is handed to Hesper, who puts it on the counter. Since the message is not sealed, and loosely folded, it can quite easily be read by those standing close enough. The message is written in a near perfect common, and reads:
To Caed Wynter-Rose,

I heard you were in search of gems of an extra-planar origin, with a preference for diamonds. I might have the type of gems you need, though if not, I would also gladly aid you in the search for said gems. While I am no adventurer, I am quite capable in gathering information, and making profitable trades.

Should you be interested in my services, you can often find me in the Wide, or leave message at the Helm & Cloak inn.

Urem Dal
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Urem Dal wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:23 pm
A dwarf of considerable weight, often seen around the Wide in Baldur's Gate, hears of the rumor that someone is looking for gems. As a trader of, perhaps, some local renown, his ears of course peak to such talk.

As such, a message is left at the Blade & Star inn. It is handed to Hesper, who puts it on the counter. Since the message is not sealed, and loosely folded, it can quite easily be read by those standing close enough. The message is written in a near perfect common, and reads:
A visage of elated surprise appear upon the Windspell Knight's face, as he is finished reading the message that was left to him via Hesper of the Blade & Stars Inn.

"And you say he was a Dwarf, of considerable...girth? Well dressed in cloth and cap? I should have no trouble locating him, this...Urem Dal. Off I go Hesper!"

Caed leaved the Blade & Stars with a swiftness and determination, his steps obviously placed toward the direction of the Wide....

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Rumor may past between other merchants that the eldritch knight Caed Wynter-Rose met with a fat dwarf merchant of some renown within the Inn of the Friendly Arm. Observed conversation and actions between the two would suggest that some agreement was made, yet...no coin or items were exchanged, before the two parted ways.

Later, the Windspell knight was said to have again perused the wares of the actively selling merchants within the courtyard of the Inn proper, seeking still any gems that carried an out-of-place significance or cut, and to whether or not any merchant would allow Caed to apply a magic examination of such a gem, or gems.

It would appear to any traders of interest that this Wynter-Rose was still in the hunt for what he desired to acquire....

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Subject: DM Rumors of Baldur's Gate
DM Spartacus wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:05 pm Rumours around the docks report that extra wealth around the docks among the poor mostly has seen small dubious trading pitches created out with the norm. This has drawn traders and rogues alike. Some newly empowered robbers got involved in the robbery of a visiting trader Fylion Glastonferry who was said to have lost a quantity of very rare gems. The gang was driven from the docks by local 'good citizens' apparently.

Rumour has it a bounty was put on the head of the leader Sylas, a follower of Cyric. He was later reported among a group of dead robbers deep in the sewers.
A fresh rumor landing in the ears of the Eldritch Windspell Knight Caed Wynter-Rose, spurs a visit to the docks district, where Caed makes a concentrated attempt to locate this rare gem merchant—if still present…—and/or the ‘good citizens’ that may have been involved or themselves acquired any gems, in reward for their good deeds.

The knight makes haste in his efforts.

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

For a time, the Eldritch Windspell Knight stands in the Wide, canvassing merchants and those that pass about gems of rare quality. He stands near a pile of gold—some might say that is in order to entice sellers, or....

flying-aces

Unread post by flying-aces »

*Shana Mirna would eventually be drawn to a large pile of gold being put on display, asking around about the individual in question she would soon send a message to Caed Wynter-Rose with a delicate scrawled writing contained within a wax sealed envelope, wax depicting a diving bird of prey.*

"Greetings Sir, I am under the impression you are seeking rare gems of Extraplaner Nature. I may know where one is, however I would prefer discussing particulars with you prior to evolving this further. My understanding of Diamonds had given me ideas for such a gem and I would care to know why, If I were to obtain one, I should instead sell or trade it to yourself.

If you would care discuss particulars with me, I am currently staying at the Friendly Arm Inn. Please feel free to send me a letter and we can arrange a meeting.

Shana Sparrowhawk."

*she would then wait for a response to the letter at the Inn, Likely playing with the dagger she took from Sylas as proof for the bounty*

Return to “Want Ads”