RP Supporting the Hellriders of Elturel and Triel Base

The "Year of the Worm" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

yyj

Re: RP Supporting the Hellriders of Elturel and Triel Base

Unread post by yyj »

And armored woman arrives riding her armored cormyrea destrier, carrying her ilmateri banner

She does her routine, going to the healer's tents and providing medical support to the Hellrider troops.

There's also time for prayers, which she says for those recovering, prayers of endurance and hope, for this war to end soon.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

A month later after her last visit, a battered and tired paladin returns to the Hellriders camp to provide healing aid and relief once more.

"These have been difficult times for me" she tells one of the soldiers who asked. "Forgive my asbence".

Her eyes wouldn't let her lie, sleepless nights and long trips can do this to any soldier.

"I promise next time I won't be away for that long." She tells an rider before finally departing after her duties are performed.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

The Half-elven Jon Smythe, makes a final stopover at the camp of the Riders of Elturel.

"Commander and Soldiers...your actions to uphold the principles of the Lord's Alliance existence do not go unnoticed. When your campaign resumes in earnest, know that you have support among many within the port city of Baldur's Gate."

Smythe arrives and leaves this time without offering practical support or supplies, as he has done before...yet his words are said in earnest truth.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
DM Dialectic

Unread post by DM Dialectic »

Over the past few months the Hellriders at Triel are assisted in various respects by the efforts of many. Due to their efforts and support, the Hellrider patrols are able to continue at a sustained pace in the Western Heartlands, vigilantly watching the movements of the Zhentarim on their trade routes to Baldur's Gate, and additionally enabling the encampment at Triel to become a permanent minor fortress. The High Rider himself honors those that deserved special mention in particular, among others, and offers a gift of 5000 gold pieces to each involved if they wish to collect it from Captain Vanders, commander of Fort Triel:

-Captain Michael Dunn of the Whitewood Vanguard as well as Ranger Durald 'The Stout', Ranger Leon, Sergeant Ril, Ranger Jillian, Ranger Panthan, Sergeant Vox, Ranger Brillvingoth, and the gnome Ranger Ezrel of the Whitewood Vanguard organization.
-The half-elven Jon Smythe of the Chionthar Charter & Seaward Supply ~ Merchant Mariners ~
-Steward Nathan Goldenmane of House Darius
-Arturi Valdaska the nomadic smith
-The being known as Melissar
...Among others
(please post here if you did some RP you want mentioned that was missed since earlier this year)

Lingering threats remain, however, to the Elturean efforts in the area... The High Rider calls upon all those loyal to the cause of good and law in the Western Heartlands to gather near Fort Triel in the coming tenday for a mission to further secure the mission of the Hellriders in the area...

((20:00 GMT Sunday, November 29th public event IC.))
DM Dialectic

((All, unfortunately, I need to push the start time for the Triel/Hellriders event today to 20:30 GMT (30 minutes later starting) due to some IRL things that have come up. Please feel free to gather at the eastern end of the Eastern Chiontar map in the meantime to RP beforehand.))
DM Dialectic

Supporters Rally to Fort Triel

It is said that in recent days that various supporters of Elturel, and others curious on the topics at hand, gathered at the Hellrider base of Fort Triel. There, they met with High Rider Lord Dhelt and Captain Vanders, commander of Fort Triel, to discuss various challenges at hand facing the forces of Elturel as well as their allies from Berdusk also based at Fort Triel. The threats posed to the fort in addition to those primarily feared from the Zhentarim at Darkhold are rumored to be triple threats of nearby orcs to the north west, crazed gnomes to the north, and hobgoblins to the northeast. After the meeting, it is rumored that a unit of Hobgoblins approached the Fort from the northeast, but then withdrew, causing a raucous of alarm for a time as the adventurers present in support of the fort scrambled wards and preparations to defend it. Afterward, the aiding adventurer supporters of Fort Triel decided to begin to organize a force to aid in the triple threats, perhaps rallying at Triel regularly in the coming tendays to do so... What the reaction to this will be from enemies of Elturel remains to be seen...

Elturel further announces that all looking to gain access to the Fort Triel area and the Hellrider patrol routes around it must obtain a writ of service, if wishing to aid Elturel, or a writ of non-threat, if just wishing safe passage from hereon. These writs are available upon request and are stated to be non-transferable, but that one with a writ can vouch for others in their party if having one.

((PM the DM Team or ask a DM in game for either appropriate writ IC to access the Fort Triel map IC in game via the Scornubel caravan on the eastern edge of the Eastern Chiontar map. In general with the Fort Triel map being back in game, we are hoping to foster some playerside RP there based on player initiative to be posted in this thread and with DM capstones on the RP from time to time, so we can continue to have a dynamic RP environment with player initiative regarding Triel while having more limited DMing resources right now. To be clear also, if you your PC is affiliated with enemies of Elturel, there will still be reasonable ways to possibly get a writ to gain Fort Triel map access for when DMs are not online, just PM the DM Team to inquire about it IC/OOC. Thanks for your wonderful RP regarding Triel BGTSCC community, your empathetic understanding of the constraints of DMing, and for your patience with me today given I had a hectic IRC day and had to start late =/.))
sweetlikesplenda

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

At times walking the lines, at other times participating directly in the drills, Aaron Lyonaler works with those who remain at the fort at Triel. The drills at this time focus on practice working as a unit, deploying, and fighting as one. With such a varied group of people and organizations, it would become paramount that they learn to work and fight together as a team. Mages would create images of enemies charging the fort, as the call to deploy would ring out. Soon the line of shields and the armored would take the front, ready to halt any advance from the illusionary enemies. Bowmen supported by firing over the heads of those on the front, with caster of arcane and divine prayers taking their places and enhancing those along the front holding the enemy. Those skilled in stealth darting out at the flanks, fading in to shadows, before striking at the flanks again. The drills would continue throughout the day, adding any new additions that may come as the time passes.

After some time, new formations are tested. A wedge or arrow to push the enemy from the point down the line, forcing the opposing illusions to move further to reach the waiting armored line while dividing them. Square formations, with casters and bowmen in the center, as enemies attack from multiple sides. Echelon for when enemies spread over a wide area. Bull's Horns. As well as other various types of formations for different enemies and attack styles.
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
Anrilor
Retired Staff

Unread post by Anrilor »

Alyssia, Tasked with setting up an encampment for the adventurers in support of the Triel Base left back to the Halls and packed her pack horse Silvermane well. Once loaded with crates of smoked beef and pork, cured fish, a few spits for over campfires, and various tents. She set out with the caravan once more to deliver and set up the tents. Once complete she summoned Commander Aaron, Lady Aldran, and the rest to take in stock of what they have to keep warm and on watch outside the Hellrider's base until their own fortifications were made.

Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

During the day Niyressa makes her way to the Triel Fort, handing in a letter for Captain Vanders, it is properly sealed and marked with her arcane mark.
Greetings Captain Vanders,
I am one of the volunteers to support Triel Fort in it's efforts. We have established camp as you probably saw and are now planning for a more permanent fortification as was suggested. As a leader of our mages we were discussing possible arcane defenses and there is one spell we plan to use and I would like to offer it to your fortification as well. It is transmutations of medium complexity and a simple and unexpansive way to strengthen one's defenses.

It is called "Hardening" and if I am successful it would make your walls almost as strong as adamantine. The effect should be permanent but I suspect some of our enemies, the gnomes namely, could be able to disrupt it.
Please let me know if this is something you would like us to perform.

At later date we would also like to place arcane traps and defenses around our future fortification, they should be safe for those with a key word which we will share so your units are not halted in their patrols and movements as we will share other plans when the time comes.

Also I would like to inform you that me and my mages plan on monitoring the wider area around the fort with Scrying sensors whenever possible, if your forces notice this, to not be alarmed and so you know who's doing this is.

With greetings,
Niyressa Dawncrow
The redheaded tiefling would then weave a Greater Scrying sensor and spent good hour or more mapping and monitoring the area with it's help and with the help of her bat familiar, Wispy.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Jon Smythe, the half-Elven proprietor of the Chionthar Charter & Seaward Supply co., was recently seen at the Fort at Triel, hand delivering a sealed letter for Captain Vanders with a post captain.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
ugljesa94

Unread post by ugljesa94 »

One of the many adventurers who've decided to aid the Hellriders is purposefully absent from both training and the so called "drills". A single tent, along with a campfire has been set on one of the nearby hills, serving both as a vantage point and an early alarm system. Perched on that hill, almost like a gargoyle, a single man, unwavering in his watch. Donning his plate armor along with a sizable greatsword, he would venture down the pathways to hunt, capture and interrogate any goblins or orcs, mad or brave enough to stray off the road. Hoping to acquire useful information, he seems hell bent on making himself as useful as possible. When not skirmishing, he is noting down his thoughts.
A man of the sword as well as the quill, he writes in his journal:
"I do not agree with our "leader's" methods. I have fought with and against many men, beasts and monsters during my travels, my blade is an extension of my body and my will. I do not accept these so called drills, I've stood in a shield wall longer than some of these men have lived. I will aid as much as I can, but spending my days like an ordinary foot soldier or a squire is not what I came here for. We're all on the same side, and I hope people realize there's more than one way of doing things. So, I stand here, keeping watch. I do not care what they think, I've heard them whispering about removing or Lord forbid, killing me. Such are these noble houses, I tend to stay clear of them, blinded by their own pride, they see things in black and white. Prideful and snobby, they think they're better than us regular folk. Last I saw, they bleed and squeal just as much as an ordinary man, alas I hope they will see the error of their ways. So, I stand here, keeping watch."
JustAnotherGuy

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

While not directly aiding the Hellriders; the druids, rangers, clerics, and others of the Green Enclave have been seen patrolling areas near the fort and the lands of the Hellriders. Those who see them would notice that they have been fighting undead and aberrant threats, allowing the riders to focus their efforts elsewhere. The Green Enclave had nearly no direct interaction with the riders, preferring to not be associated directly with the war, and keeping to their own domain of protecting nature.
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
Cinnamon

Unread post by Cinnamon »

((I've been thinking on it for a while, but I'm just gonna ask bluntly.))

((I want to do mean things and sabotage the War Effort, I would like to be Evil and make it difficulty for players to give aid.))

((Can I do that? Would people allow it? I would like to know. Too much wholesome fluff whenever I look at this, feels one-sided. Not much of a War if everyone's being saved, eh?))
Main Four
Bar, Thayvian Pupper // Cinnamon, Idealistic Heart // Chalk Hart, Sorceress of Amaunator // Joel, Emerald Commoner

Noa,
Laslow,
Gruum,
Truffles, Underdark
Chalice, Underdark
Caspar,
Tracey,
Penelope
sweetlikesplenda

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

// So long as it is IC, respect that the place is crawling with Hellrider NPCs and PCs (Even if the player is not logged in at the moment), or meta from information in the thread that would not actually be known, then I dont see why not! Not everyone is in support of the Hellriders, so you might even find other people to become friends with.
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
Cinnamon

Unread post by Cinnamon »

sweetlikesplenda wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:31 am // So long as it is IC, respect that the place is crawling with Hellrider NPCs and PCs (Even if the player is not logged in at the moment), or meta from information in the thread that would not actually be known, then I dont see why not! Not everyone is in support of the Hellriders, so you might even find other people to become friends with.

//Inbox the players beforehand and set-up personal subterfuge plots, then post the results here, I'm gonna theorise?
Main Four
Bar, Thayvian Pupper // Cinnamon, Idealistic Heart // Chalk Hart, Sorceress of Amaunator // Joel, Emerald Commoner

Noa,
Laslow,
Gruum,
Truffles, Underdark
Chalice, Underdark
Caspar,
Tracey,
Penelope

Return to “The 1356 (2020) Campaign”