Gnome Spell DC and Epic spell problems

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Dolorof

Gnome Spell DC and Epic spell problems

Unread post by Dolorof »

Hello

I recently realized that all of my illusion spells are 1 DC lower than it should, so i suspect its my gnome extra DC that is not working, could be due to that skeleton change? I do not know.
I''ve run the tests in game and here are the results for my illusion spells
Soli DC 31 Wrong should be 10+9 int +1 Spellcaster prod +2 Epic CL+2 Greater spellfocus Illu +1 GNOME EXTRA ILLU DC+7 Spell LVL =32

Also i realized that my two epic spells are also wrong:

Entropic Husk DC 32 Wrong Should be: 10+9 int +1 Spellcast prod+2 Epic CL+3 Epic Spell focus Conju+10spell lvl= 35
Greater Ruin DC 35 Wrong should be: 10+9 int +1 Spellcast prod+2 Epic CL+1 Spell focus Transmu+10 spell lvl= 33

So maybe my entropic husk is missing the epic spell focus conju and i have no idea what is going on with my greater ruin.
Eroan Sandram - Citzen of Doron Amar
Character Sheet
Meredith Nid - The gnome mage
Character Sheet

Discord: Dolorof#1390 - Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Gnome Spell DC and Epic spell problems

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

dolorof wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm Hello

I recently realized that all of my illusion spells are 1 DC lower than it should, so i suspect its my gnome extra DC that is not working, could be due to that skeleton change? I do not know.
Soli DC 31 Wrong should be 10+9 int +1 Spellcaster prod +2 Epic CL+2 Greater spellfocus Illu +1 GNOME EXTRA ILLU DC+7 Spell LVL =32

Entropic Husk DC 32 Wrong Should be: 10+9 int +1 Spellcast prod+2 Epic CL+3 Epic Spell focus Conju+10spell lvl= 35
Greater Ruin DC 35 Wrong should be: 10+9 int +1 Spellcast prod+2 Epic CL+1 Spell focus Transmu+10 spell lvl= 33

So maybe my entropic husk is missing the epic spell focus conju and i have no idea what is going on with my greater ruin.
Please post your PC classes/feats related to CL and DC, also, int score (buffed/unbuffed). It's hard to do calculations without clear info on what you have.
Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

EasternCheesE wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:53 am
dolorof wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm Hello

Please post your PC classes/feats related to CL and DC, also, int score (buffed/unbuffed). It's hard to do calculations without clear info on what you have.

My gnome is a WIzard 23/Thau 5

Lvl 28(+2 epic CL bonus) and 28 Int (+9 mod) the moment i posted here.
Spell Affinity: Illusion (+1 DC illu spells)
Epic spell focus: Conjuration ( +3 DC Conju spells)
Greater Spell Focus: Illusion (+2 DC Illu spells)
Spell focus: Transmutation (+1 DC Transmutation spells)
Character Sheet
Character Sheet

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Reproduced.
I made a fix for gnomish illusions (will go live next update), second part is a bit trickier.

Speaking of epic spells, i will consult with Rhifox, i found few things that can potentially affect DCs.
Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

EasternCheesE wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:44 am Reproduced.
I made a fix for gnomish illusions (will go live next update), second part is a bit trickier.

Speaking of epic spells, i will consult with Rhifox, i found few things that can potentially affect DCs.
This is great news!
And yes, i think i know what you mean. My Greater Ruin DC is now 32(its the correct number) but my entropic husk is still only 32, so the fix for it i still not working, at least for my PC.
Thanks for looking into the gnome feat tho, it was very impportant for Ezrel :)
Character Sheet
Character Sheet

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

dolorof wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:31 pm

This is great news!
And yes, i think i know what you mean. My Greater Ruin DC is now 32(its the correct number) but my entropic husk is still only 32, so the fix for it i still not working, at least for my PC.
Oh. Neither of fixes should be in action yet since there was no update.

As of husk, the main issue with it is that spell is marked as evocation while description says it's conjuration. I asked Rhifox to revise what it should be.
So, overall, things work correct (without bugs), it's just spell having school mismatch in code/description.
Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

EasternCheesE wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:45 pm
dolorof wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:31 pm

This is great news!
Oh. Neither of fixes should be in action yet since there was no update.

As of husk, the main issue with it is that spell is marked as evocation while description says it's conjuration. I asked Rhifox to revise what it should be.
So, overall, things work correct (without bugs), it's just spell having school mismatch in code/description.
Hmm i also have a belt that grants me Spell focus evocation (so its not a feat that i've chose through lvl up), it does not seem to be adding its +1 DC to the wrongly marked evocation entropic husk, could be worth checking it as well.
Character Sheet
Character Sheet

Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

dolorof wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:25 pmHmm i also have a belt that grants me Spell focus evocation (so its not a feat that i've chose through lvl up), it does not seem to be adding its +1 DC to the wrongly marked evocation entropic husk, could be worth checking it as well.
Entropic Husk isn't wrongly marked. It's set to Conjuration. Ruin is the one that's incorrectly set to Evocation.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

Rhifox wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:48 pm
dolorof wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:25 pmHmm i also have a belt that grants me Spell focus evocation (so its not a feat that i've chose through lvl up), it does not seem to be adding its +1 DC to the wrongly marked evocation entropic husk, could be worth checking it as well.
Entropic Husk isn't wrongly marked. It's set to Conjuration. Ruin is the one that's incorrectly set to Evocation.
hmm i said it based on what was said on the previous post, in any case i don't see any difference in DC by equipping or unequipping the belt (spell focus evocation belt) So there may be something else in play here. Also if the changes were not yet implemented what could have lowered my greater ruin DC? Its odd.
Character Sheet
Character Sheet

Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

Hey

As a quick update for the entropic husk spell, this is a screenshot of my last test with it.

The correct DC should be 34 right now, for this PC.

The most common DC rolled seems to be 31 for some reason, i was surprised to see it changing so much.
Character Sheet
Character Sheet

Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

Everything is fixed!
Thanks for the time and effort.
Character Sheet
Character Sheet

Return to “Solved Problems”