Adamantine Gloves

Items currently acknowledged by staff for fixing/further staff discussion (Only staff should put threads here to avoid confusion)

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Dolorof

Adamantine Gloves

Unread post by Dolorof »

Hello, its me again! lol

I've recently bought an adamantine gloves, its a +1 and it even has the ki strike feat in it (adamantine), the issue is when i tested it against a mage with Premonition on, the gloves were not able to bypass the DR/Adm from Premonition. I tested it both by punching the target as well as polymorphed into a dragon, as i understand gloves should move on to unarmed shapes. Thats it, let me know if more information is needed!
Last edited by Dolorof on Wed May 18, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eroan Sandram - Citzen of Doron Amar
Character Sheet
Meredith Nid - The gnome mage
Character Sheet

Discord: Dolorof#1390 - Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Re: Adamantine Gloves

Unread post by Rhifox »

... really? Not even the feat works? Wow.

Going to have to remove these from the loot system too, I'm afraid. Sorry people who were hoping for Silver/Cold Iron/Adamantine gloves. Apparently even the workarounds don't work. :(
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Dolorof

Unread post by Dolorof »

Rhifox wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm ... really? Not even the feat works? Wow.

Going to have to remove these from the loot system too, I'm afraid. Sorry people who were hoping for Silver/Cold Iron/Adamantine gloves. Apparently even the workarounds don't work. :(
Thats what my test says at least.
It may have nothing to do with it but i did kill my test subject (while wearing the gloves) and she was unable to recover from it. Even DM winter tried to help her with heals, but no good.
Eroan Sandram - Citzen of Doron Amar
Character Sheet
Meredith Nid - The gnome mage
Character Sheet

Discord: Dolorof#1390 - Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Rhifox wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm ... really? Not even the feat works? Wow.

I believe we could fix the adamantine version of it with granting Ki Strike(Adamantine), but such partial solution is just utterly bad, so it's better to be removed.
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

Got Cold Iron glove too, not working against Fire Giants
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

EasternCheesE wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:39 pm

I believe we could fix the adamantine version of it with granting Ki Strike(Adamantine), but such partial solution is just utterly bad, so it's better to be removed.
That's what the current version does. It grants that feat. And still doesn't work.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Oooh, got it. Sad unarmed times then :(

Return to “Currently Under Review”