split stacks of poisoned consumables are not poisoned

Kitunenotsume

split stacks of poisoned consumables are not poisoned

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

Having attempted to lean into the use of poisons on consumables for profitable gain, I have encounters a substantial flaw.

Namely: Splitting items off a stack of poisoned consumables does not result in the second stack being poisoned.

Effectively, *only the initial stack is poisoned*, and while combined stacks will become poisoned, split stacks are not.
This results in an exploitable bypass to the entire poison system by splitting 9 potions off any stack of 10 and bypassing any risk of poison whatsoever.

In my case, I am attempting to sell poisoned goods to willing and knowing people, so it slightly undermines the effect there, too.

I think this affects the entire poison system, not specifically the spell, so I have no idea if anything is doable about it.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: split stacks of poisoned consumables are not poisoned

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Tested, confirmed, dragged that to QC forums. Thanks for reporting it!
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: split stacks of poisoned consumables are not poisoned

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Unfortunately, it's a really complicated matter as it's related on how engine handles stacks.
While it's not impossible to fix it, it will require lots of engine reverse engineering. For now, i will put it into "unfixable/hardcoded" to keep the list of active things clear, but this one is already in our open tickets in bug tracker, so once our Devs can delve so deep into engine, they will have a look at it.

Return to “Not fixable/hardcoded”