Bugged Alternate Teleport System

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

cosmic ray

Bugged Alternate Teleport System

Unread post by cosmic ray »

Now that most of us constantly cross from one server to another, if for no other reason than to visit the auction, it could be a good time to again bring up the bugged teleportation system that was added a few years ago, which was never fixed. The bug makes it so you can mark locations with the "new" system, which does not need any runes at all, only the very first time you log in on the server you're binding the location on. With this constant server crossing, this system has become even more inconvenient to use, despite being a very good idea on paper.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Xorena

Re: Bugged Alternate Teleport System

Unread post by Xorena »

I was having problems even before the server split. Log in fresh, mark location, log out. Come back and nothing is listed in the saved locations.

The only way this seems to reliably work is with a rune.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Dragged to QC for Devs to have a look.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Hi there. I got a feedback that it was looked at many times already and everything should work as it's meant to, but it doesn't.
Dev team can't find why, so it's looked at from time to time and is on radars. The source of it only being available on first login after reset is yet to be found.

Let us not lose hope, maybe, someday, it will be fixed :)
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

Yeah, this system has never worked properly at all, despite many assurances that it does ("it works for me, so it works" :? :roll: :lol: ), which is sad because it's much more convenient than the old rune system.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Well, i never had it failing myself when i make sure to login like first time on the day (100% first login) and then marking runes. I've rcrd my wizard quite a dozen of times already and was always able to mark my locations back. After split, it obviously went harder since i had to make an OOC trip to mark all i need, then switch server and mark there. If i get bounced back, yep, totally doomed for this server restart and have to wait for another.

Sadly, as per discussion with Devs, numerous people checked this system many times but they weren't able to find any reason it works this way.

Return to “Not fixable/hardcoded”