Rumours of Sshamath

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Underdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Re: Rumours of Sshamath

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Cross-posting from the Rockrun thread:
AlwaysSummer Day wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 pm
DaloLorn wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm Rumor has it that a large creature - an ogre or troll of some kind - was spotted by the lake outside Blackrock, carrying a sack big enough to hold a drow. Given its size and shape, that may be exactly what it was for.

After stuffing the sack with some dirt and rocks, the ogre reportedly threw it as far out into the lake as possible, watching it sink into the depths. A few moments later, the creature is said to have transformed into a dark, masked humanoid figure, but it cast an invisibility spell before it could be investigated further.
Hidden: show
AlwaysSummer Day wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 am A mysterious svirfneblin is occasionally seen fishing in the upperdark. Oddly he releases any fish he catches. Odder still he sounds cheerful when he pulls an old boot or bottle out from the depths.
Some time passes, (how much time a svirfneblin wouldn't know), and the sack is pulled from the water. Persistant creatures that gnomes can be when gripped with curiosity. Yet.... no. Once pulled from the depths the sack is not opened. Tossed over a shoulder by the well muscled and masked gnome it is carried. Over ravines, through tunnels, across caverns, down into the depths from which it came.

Eventually a thud can be heard near varallas passage. The sack, still unopened is unceremoniously dropped upon some rocks. Returned to where it belongs whether wanted or not.

The gnome departs and is quickly forgotten.
This puts me in a bit of a bind, actually... not sure if I should loop the DMs in on the relevant backstory, or create a new PC to deal with it. :|
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

DaloLorn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:21 am Cross-posting from the Rockrun thread:
AlwaysSummer Day wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 pm
DaloLorn wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm Rumor has it that a large creature - an ogre or troll of some kind - was spotted by the lake outside Blackrock, carrying a sack big enough to hold a drow. Given its size and shape, that may be exactly what it was for.

After stuffing the sack with some dirt and rocks, the ogre reportedly threw it as far out into the lake as possible, watching it sink into the depths. A few moments later, the creature is said to have transformed into a dark, masked humanoid figure, but it cast an invisibility spell before it could be investigated further.
Hidden: show
AlwaysSummer Day wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 am A mysterious svirfneblin is occasionally seen fishing in the upperdark. Oddly he releases any fish he catches. Odder still he sounds cheerful when he pulls an old boot or bottle out from the depths.
Some time passes, (how much time a svirfneblin wouldn't know), and the sack is pulled from the water. Persistant creatures that gnomes can be when gripped with curiosity. Yet.... no. Once pulled from the depths the sack is not opened. Tossed over a shoulder by the well muscled and masked gnome it is carried. Over ravines, through tunnels, across caverns, down into the depths from which it came.

Eventually a thud can be heard near varallas passage. The sack, still unopened is unceremoniously dropped upon some rocks. Returned to where it belongs whether wanted or not.

The gnome departs and is quickly forgotten.
This puts me in a bit of a bind, actually... not sure if I should loop the DMs in on the relevant backstory, or create a new PC to deal with it. :|
apologies, I just couldn't imagine Roland not removing the pollution from his beloved fishing hole. Could be some random monster gets ahold of the sack and devours it. Or maybe it remains lost in the dark. :?
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra »

A rumor spreads that two faern of the School of Necromancy have met a horned devil in combat in the tunnels near the wilds.
K'yon Oblodra
Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

A drow necromancer, to some known as K'yon Oblodra, has been seen making inquiries in regards to demon sightings.
K'yon Oblodra
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

A Demon to Slay

Letters are being sent to various adventurous people around Sshamath. Also for the very carefully listening ears rumors spread of an expedition lead by a faern of the School of Necromancy to the surface with the purpose of slaying a mighty demon.

((This is meant as an invite to those I had talked to prior ingame but also to any UDler that would like to partake. I'd like to get to know everyone and start up the RP.

The event is supposed to start at:

Berlin, Germany
Sat, Oct 19, 8:00pm - 9:00pm (CEST)

EDT, Eastern Time (US)
Sat, Oct 19, 2:00pm - 3:00pm (EDT)

PDT, Pacific Time (US)
Sat, Oct 19, 11:00am - 12:00pm (PDT)

GMT, Greenwich Mean Time
Sat, Oct 19, 6:00pm - 7:00pm (UTC)

Anybody that wants to partake please shoot me a pm or contact me in any way you may know so I have an idea if I should waiting for anyone. This is probably going to be a hard trip but everyone is welcome :).))
K'yon Oblodra
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Rumours spread of a small expedition returning from the surface with their tails between their legs, apparently unsuccessful.
K'yon Oblodra
CookieTime

Unread post by CookieTime »

There's a rumour that a Faern from the School of Conjuration has been promoted, having retrieved a pair of eyes from a basilisk brood mother. Why the eyes were needed is a mystery.
Thia Ruuhralah - Imaskari Wizard: Bio - Journal
Ralmevyk

Unread post by Ralmevyk »

There is a rumors of a strange whisper stalking the tunnels around Sshamath. A familiar face has been seen wnadering out of the city.
Fear is the mind killer;
I will not fear;
I will face my fear,
and let it pass trough me.

Pharaxes Morieth, Drow, AkA Whisper
Orrok, Tanarukk, dumb slave of the 7th Circle
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

A Demon to Slay, Still

Letters are being sent once more to various adventurous people around Sshamath. Also for the very carefully listening ears rumors spread of an expedition lead by a faern of the School of Necromancy to the surface with the purpose of slaying a mighty demon. Apparently a couple of missions had been used for scouting purposes but yet been unable to achieve the final goal.

((This is meant as an invite to those I had talked to prior ingame but also to any UDler that would like to partake. I'd like to get to know everyone and start up the RP... And also finally kill that thing XD.

The event is supposed to start at:

Berlin, Germany
Fri, Nov 15, 10:00pm - 11:00pm (CET)

EST, Eastern Time (US)
Fri, Nov 15, 4:00pm - 5:00pm (EST)

PST, Pacific Time (US)
Fri, Nov 15, 1:00pm - 2:00pm (PST)

GMT, Greenwich Mean Time
Fri, Nov 15, 9:00pm - 10:00pm (UTC)

Anybody that wants to partake please shoot me a pm or contact me in any way you may know so I have an idea if I should be waiting for anyone. This is probably going to be a hard trip but everyone is welcome :).))
K'yon Oblodra
Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer »

Renor Emporium

The black market is open, we selling all divine and arcane wands.
All divine and arcane elixirs. (including druidic ones)
Alchemist fire, brokering, negotiations, deals and mercenary work.

Contact Renor at Gloura's for more information.
Darradarljod

Unread post by Darradarljod »

A small drow male by the name of Sz'vet has been advertising himself within Sshamath as an assassin currently accepting contracts.
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Rumors spread, a group of drow came into Gloura's consisting of some well known drow, they would celebrate a huge success and the words slain and Tan'ari and even Balor had fallen several times over the course of the evening.

((Thanks to Renor, Aunrae, Sz'vet, Cinder and Tessa for coming along making this a great adventure worthy of stories to be told))
Last edited by K'yon Oblodra on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
K'yon Oblodra
Balthomer

Word is that in Sshamath things have been growing tense, since the visit of certain surface dwarf, some of the local drow have been talking and speculating, the reasons for the visit, what he could have wanted with the 7th Circle or why they are dealing with Krak Helzak, those with information seem to not be around to answer the most repeated questions.

At the Gloura's, a drow is smoking in the corner, watching those who visit, almost hiding from others, in plain sight.
Balthomer

In a home of the Darkwood district, a drow with an eyepatch is seen handling musical scores to other drow, they rehearse and play ghastly and enchanted instruments, using arcane magic to change their voices and sound like ghosts, most of the drow look at the eyepatch drow with a weird face after reading the music score, he promises a good pay in gold, many drow leave, just to be replaced with others.

The drow leading the other musicians seems to be jovially smiling all the time, like an orchestra director, even waving a baton like one.

After hours of painful rehearsal, finally something like this can be heard from the outside.

https://soundcloud.com/dsarmiento/the-h ... ail-glinka
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Notes are being pinned by young drow wizard in the Elixir, on the board in the central of Sshamath, an imp however pins the message in Gloura's:

I, K'yon Oblodra

am willing to pay any capable adventurer that is brave enough to face off the Illithid Elder Brain in combat five-thousand gold upon successfully killing it in a from a me myself organised expedition.

Leave a note at the School of Necromancy for me stating your interest and a little information about your capabilities.

Regards,

K'yon Oblodra

He had highlighted the part about the payment in a very bright red, he had won from the blood of bats found in Varalla's passage, combined with a few brightening chemicals, naming them here would just lead to confusion.

His sigil sat at the bottom of all notes to protect them from any simple form of vandalism.
K'yon Oblodra

Return to “Underdark Roleplay”